Important Disclaimer/Limitations/Terms and Conditions for Certification
All reports are submitted by “SDI Gems and Jewellery Lab”, also called as “SDI-GJL” upon the clients request and accepted by the recipient on the below Terms and Conditions:
- The report is not a guarantee or neither appraisal of value.
- Neither SDI GJL nor any member of its staff shall any time, be held responsible for any discrepancy which may result from (i) when, how and by whom the product is examined and (ii) the changes and improvement in techniques and equipments that may have occurred after examination.
- Grading/testing/examination is based on techniques and equipments available at SDIGJL at the time of examination.
- Grading in mounted jewellery is done as per mounting permits.
- In the event of any claim by the recipient for any loss/damage/error/omission to the item submitted, directly or indirectly, the liability of SDI GJL shall be limited to the amount it received as a fee in connection with this report.
- Metal/ metal purity/stone weight(s)/No. of stones are as per client disclosure and not verified by SDI GJL.
- Tests which are not applicable, needed or useful in identification are not performed.
- The conclusions of the reports reflect the findings at the time it is examined. A gemstone can be treated ,modified and re-cut to enhance its colour and clarity anytime.
- The certificate does not indicate the process through which the specimen has been treated or not to its present color or quality unless otherwise specified.
- Clarity grade is based on 10X magnification and Color grade is based on comparison with SDIGJL master stones.
- Any dispute / arbitration concerning this report shall be governed by the Indian Judicial System subject to the jurisdiction of Bengaluru in the state of Karnataka.
- SDI GJL reserves the right to change or modify the above mentioned terms & conditions.